Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Survivor's Blog April 16, 2013- Update and an ovarian cancer web site with a more positive spin..

Well, it has been another tough day here at Cancer Central! I went this morning to SCOA and found out that because of the reaction I had last week, my white count had dropped to 500. This probably explains why I have felt so crummy the last few days. I also was told that I have to go on a new chemo regimen , which will effectively be restarting chemo treatments. This means that instead of being done with treatment, I have four more chemos to go before I even get a PET scan.  As you can imagine, I am not too happy about any of this! However, when I get my head wrapped around it I will face it as positively as I can ( I am only human, I suppose I am allowed a momentary pity party!)

I promised I would not make this blog about me, so I will leave you all with a web site I really love. Ovations for the Cure of Ovarian Cancer and The Whisper Network,  is the most positive Ovarian Cancer web site I have found. They have a lovely outreach program, "the princess bead and bracelet".. if you are an ovarian cancer patient they will send you a beautiful bracelet to  cheer you and inspire you during treatment. Check them out at :

http://ovationsforthecure.org/programs/programs_princess.php




Princess Bracelet from the Whisper Network.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!