Monday, April 15, 2013

Survivor's Blog April 15, 2013- Chemo Update and tip for removing all that sticky black adhesive without removing your skin

Today I am still down from the chemo treatment last week. Seems like I do fairly well on the first three or four days after chemo as long as I am on IV fluids- the minute they take them away I have a couple of bad days. And believe me I am trying to get as much fluids and veggies down as I can stand. I am sure I will be feeling much better tomorrow. For today, I am tucked up in my bed with a big kitty on one side of me and a happy Labrador on the other.

Since I am not feeling as well today I thought I would give you a simple tip for coping with a problem that comes along with chemo: sticky adhesive all over your skin from treatment.

Remember, I am not a doctor, I cannot give medical advice, this is just what works for me!

 I have tried all sorts of methods ( baby oil, Vaseline, etc. ) to get this gook off my skin without causing irritation and a secondary allergic reaction. Here is the simplest, easiest method I have found:

1. Get out a cotton ball and some non acetone nail polish remover.

2. Soak the cotton ball in the remover and clean off the gunky area. The worst adhesive should lift right off.  ( Test a small area first to make sure you are not allergic to the polish remover).

3. Do not use this on any open wounds or open areas!!!!

4. Follow up the nail polish remover with a clean cotton ball  and plain water- make sure and rinse the area several times so that no nail polish remover is left on  your skin ( it can be irritating).

Adhesive gunk all over my neck &chest!!

No more adhesive gunk---yahoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!