Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Survivors Blog May 8, 2013 - Chemo update...

Today I had my checkup after the first chemo treatment with the new Doxil regimen. The good news is my blood counts are good so far. The bad news is  I am so tired I cannot see straight. I have slept almost the entire week since chemo (excepting the few very short shifts I had at work) Many of my friends have called or sent wonderful cards and I am too tired to even respond and say Thank You.

Normally, I call and let everyone know how I am doing. Today, I am just going to have to use Facebook and the blog. My doctor says I am doing great!He suggested I check into being off work again for a few months but, I don't really want to do that. I don't ever want to do a poor job teaching but, I also don't want to be home with absolutely nothing to do. Especially, when I am this tired. I could probably sleep for a month and still be wiped out. Lack of motivation is a real problem when I am this down physically. If I thought 4 months of sleep would solve the problem with cancer I would gladly sign up for it but, no one can tell me what the future holds.

So we decided to stay on this chemo until my next treatment date on May 29. If I am still this wiped out we will switch from Doxil to another treatment since I want to have a life. If I am a bit better on the 29th-- I will stay with the Doxil for 3 more treatments in the interest of getting this whole process over as fast as possible.

So that's it- that's the news. I am headed back to sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!