Friday, May 31, 2013

Survivor's Blog May 31, 2013 - Update

Hello Everyone-

My apologies for the lack of posts this past three weeks. As most of you probably surmised, I had a reaction to this last new type of chemo that practically flattened me. On May 1st, I received my first does of Doxil chemo. This is a treatment that works well for most women who cannot take Carboplatinum as a treatment anymore. I became so fatigued after my treatment that I could not get out of bed or even wake up!

I have been forcing myself to go in and work my three little two hour shifts but, that is all I have accomplished in the last three weeks. The good news is the Doxil seems to be finally clearing out of my system. Today is the first day I am awake on my own ( even if I did wake up after 12).

The other good news is that my doctor is going to try another type of chemo that should be a bit easier on me. The chemo is called Topetecan and I will be starting it next week. My treatments will now be weekly but, that will hopefully be a really good thing. I am praying this chemo will work well for me. I am beginning to feel like a big old Guinea pig!

I promise as soon as I feel a bit more human I will be posting articles from friends and more helpful hints.

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!