Saturday, February 8, 2014

Survivor's Blog February 8, 2014- I am back...

As many of you may have noticed, I stopped blogging just prior to Thanksgiving. I have to admit that this year the holiday stress and treatment got the better of me. I find it very hard to write or talk when I am on certain kinds of chemo treatment. This sounds weird but, every time you sit and write or talk with some one you end up giving up a bit of energy and energy is precious when you are on treatment.

I also found that as 2013 came to a close, I was starting to become really tired! I have been in treatment for more than two years. I have done my best to make the whole cancer thing a positive experience. For some reason, sometime in November I finally hit a wall of exhaustion. Most cancer patients hit this wall soon after their initial diagnosis. I think it took so long to hit me because, my cancer diagnosis was actually a relief and not the terrible thing it is for most people. I had been sick for so long when they diagnosed me that I was just relieved to know what the heck was wrong with me. Taxol chemotherapy. We are hoping that this knocks back the cancer, so that I will tip over into remission. I am still determined to be cancer-free!!!


I also was told in November that the entire year of treatments in 2013 did not work. So here I am in February on a new regime of

And now that the holidays are over I will be blogging again.

If any of you have ideas for blog posts or would like to write a post, please contact me at taraleed@live.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!