Monday, February 10, 2014

Survivor's Blog Feb. 10, 2014- Chemo update

Hello Everyone-

For those of you following my progress through the world of treatment, here is the update. I am currently on a regime of chemo called Taxol. This chemo is a little easier on me than the ones in the past. I am on only one chemo drug this time (usually I am on two chemo drugs at the same time). I go in for chemo every Monday at SCOA from about 7 am- 11am for 3 weeks in a row. On the fourth Monday, I go in for blood work and a meeting with the Doctor. I will be undergoing this treatment through the month of April.

Today was week 4 for me. My results look good. They were able to give me all but my CA125 number since the lab was super  busy today.

The new chemo is also a bit easier on my looks, I am starting to lose the look of a person who is all puffed up with steroids.

I also was able to pick up a lovely red hat and scarf that some kind soul had knitted for those of us with bald heads!!! A big thank you to the knitter that was cool enough to make hats with matching scarves.

I should be reporting soon that I am cancer free!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!