Thursday, February 20, 2014

Survivor's Blog- February 20, 2014- A wonderful free program for Cancer Survivors.

A couple of weeks ago I finally had a chance to attend a " Healing Icons" support group and art class. This class is held at different locations around Columbia monthly and offers cancer survivors a chance to work out their feelings about cancer and treatment through guided art therapy sessions. The best part is the class is completely free for Cancer survivors! Of all the activities I have tried to support my cancer recovery, I have to say this one rates at the top!

Healing Icons is the first support group where I felt comfortable and like I fit in. After the class I felt about ten pounds lighter, it was really transformative. My art work was no great shakes but, I was amazed by how much emotion I was able to clear out by putting pen to paper.


My February guided art work.


 


If you would like to join a class or just see what Healing Icons is all about you can go to their web site at:

www.healingicons.org

or call them at (803) 429-4151

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!