Saturday, October 13, 2012

Survivor's Blog- October 13, 2012 .. Think Positive.

It is days like today that make me wonder how in the world I am going to make it through this Cancer Recovery thing. No one tells you how sick you might be when you are completely off of chemotherapy. No one tells you that Nueropathy in your limbs and extremities is normal, and no one has any idea when it will wear off. Or that Chemo causes you to lose a good portion of your short term memory!

So it is days like today when I really have to focus on something positive and just get through it!! Today I used one of Colin Powell's thirteen rules :

"It can be done."

That is it, I just focused on getting through until the end of my day. Sometimes, the end of the day is the farthest you can look forward and that is OK.

Me, a few months ago!!
( If you want all 13 of General Colin Powell's rules check out his new book "It Worked for Me".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!