Sunday, October 28, 2012

Bug Bites Post Cancer - Oct. 28, 2012 Day 2- Helpful Tip

OK- here is a helpful tip for anyone prone to Cellulitis caused by Lymph Edema:

 Have your doctor prescribe a standing antibiotics order and leave it on file at the 24 hour pharmacy. This way if you have a scratch or a bite that starts to look like cellulitis or MRSA you can take antibiotics until you can get in to see the doctor.

Don't do what I did and have your doctor order the prescription just in case and send it to a pharmacy that is closed Saturday Nights and Sunday!!!! (Brilliant ? )

I will have to see how I am in the morning, I suspect my error in judgement may cost me a trip to the Urgent Care or my doctor's office in the morning. I will let you all know....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!