Saturday, August 3, 2013

Survivor's Blog August 3, 2013: A Little Humor.......

Sometimes having cancer is just so unbelievably humiliating that all you can do is see the humor in the whole situation. When you have cancer sometimes the humor is a bit dark! In my case, this has led to some pretty silly moments.

The most recent cancer development is that I am so tired I have to very carefully schedule anything I do so as not to use up too much energy. It is a good thing I don't shop at Wal - Mart because, getting across that much acreage would wear me out!

Publix ( my favorite grocery store), actually offers complimentary scooters you can use while you are shopping. For the past few weeks I have had to use the scooter to get all my shopping done. This is usually the cause of much laughter for all the staff at Publix. I always warn them.. come near me and I may hit you.......

Last week Courtney shopped with me and everything was OK until I had to back the scooter up.  As I started backing up .. the back up beepers came on. Beep , beep , beep.... I sounded just like a forklift in reverse....

Why oh why, did they have to make me sound like a thousand pounds of boxes going backwards in a warehouse??? Or like the Garbage truck at 6:00 am????

 
Of course, Court found this so funny she had to film it......... Nothing like a few well placed beeps to keep you humble.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!