Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Survivor's Blog- July 23, 2013: Update on my treatment ...

Today I am just going to post an update on my current treatment. Went in to see the Dr. this afternoon and they are pleased with how the last cycle of chemo went. My blood work is looking good and so is everything else. So, I start a new cycle of treatment next week. At the end of the 3 week cycle they will be running a Pet Scan and blood work to see if I need to continue treatment.


Dr. Smith mentioned at past appointments that if I looked good after 3 months of treatment that I would be done with chemo for now. Today Dr. Smith was off and  Dr. Merrit saw me. He mentioned to me that no one ever is done with Topetecan Chemo after three months. According to him, that particular treatment takes at least six cycles to complete. As soon as Dr. Smith comes back I am going to ask him about this?  He has been known in the past to sort of spring this stuff on me so that I won't argue with him or tell him NO!

If you are following what is going on with my fight with cancer. Please be aware that he may tell me next month that I need to stay on chemo .. and I may refuse further treatment for now! They have been injecting me with poison ( chemo) on and off for 2 years now . I feel my body needs a chemo free break to heal a bit!!!! If I refuse, it is not because I have a death wish or do not want to get well. It just means that I need a break!!!! I watch very closely what happens with the other patients I meet during treatment, and I fully believe that sometimes the chemo does more harm that good and shortens patients lives. As to whether my Dr. sees it that way?????
Zapata and Coaly- helping me to get healed!!!!

Anyway, today went as well as can be expected.....

Since they made me so sick doing a port draw today, I am going to bed. As you can see from the photo, I have some very good nurses to assist me in my "resting"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!