Monday, July 22, 2013

Lindsey Graham, US. Senator ( SC) Responds to my email about Ovarian Cancer.....

If you have been following this blog,  you know that while I was in chemo treatment last week I sent my Senator, Lindsey Graham, a form letter blocked out by the Ovarian Cancer Alliance.  The email asked the Senator to:


·         Recognize September as Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month

·         Support appropriations of $20 million for the Ovarian Cancer Research Program in Fiscal Year 2014

·         Co-Sponsor the Cancer Drug Coverage Parity Act (HR 1801) or become a sponsor of the Senate bill when introduced
 
I also personalized the letter and asked that SC come in line with some of the more liberal states in our country and legalize marijuana for medicinal purposes. Synthetic THC made such a difference in my health when I was first diagnosed with cancer, legalized medical marijuana would help thousands of SC residents.
 
When I sent the email, I truly never expected to hear another word about my email. Today, I received Senator Graham's written reply to my email assuring me that he would keep my comments in mind when the Ovarian Cancer legislation came around in 2014.
 
 
Senator Graham, I would like to personally thank you and your office for taking time to respond to my request. As a Californian born and raised, you have no idea how unusual it is to have a public official respond to a request made by a constituent.
 
If you would like to urge your senator to help Cancer patients in your  state go ahead and send them a letter. If you would like to use the form set up by the Ovarian Cancer Alliance follow this link:
 
 
If you are in SC and you would like to contact Senator Graham about Ovarian Cancer, his blog address is http://www.lgraham.senate.gov/public/
 
 
 
 
       
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!