Thursday, April 4, 2013

Help with vomiting... Psi Bands

Since my diagnosis I have had a terrible time with nausea and vomiting. During my first round of treatments from June 2011 to January 2012 I lost about 40 pounds. Of course, part of that was a good loss, I was minus one tumor and a bunch of fluid (Ascites). The rest of the weight loss was from chemo induced vomiting and nausea. I was simply unable to keep anything down.

During my first round of treatment the doctor's had me on several drugs for nausea. I even took Marinol ( synthetic THC) to try and slow it down a bit. Of course, every drug has side effects and I found myself trying not to take the nausea drugs unless I just could not cope any other way because the side effects were so awful.

So far this time around I am doing a bit better with the whole nausea thing. I am sure partly it is because I am not that far into chemo. The other reason I am having less nausea is that I found a cheap solution to some of my vomiting.... Psi Bands. The Psi band is a little bracelet that you wear on both wrists to stimulate the psi acupuncture point on your body, this is a point that helps control nausea. They were designed for women with morning sickness but I am finding they are a very helpful tool in stopping my barfing.

I will admit I am still nauseated.. so they are not fool proof. They are keeping me from throwing up every time I turn around and I think that is well worth the $14.99 I paid for them at CVS.

You can also buy them at Amazon or on www.psibands.com




1 comment:

  1. Tara,
    We are so touched that Psi Bands have played a positive role in your treatments. We re-posted your blog on our Facebook page so more people can read about your journey and incredible attitude.
    Amy, from Psi Bands (info@psibands.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!