Saturday, March 1, 2014

Survivor's Blog - March 1, 2014- Meet my new brave friend Julie G!

Hello Everyone-

 I am having trouble getting anyone to write anything for my blog, and I am too pooped to do so. Today I am going to change gears and introduce you to a really inspirational person I met at chemo a couple of weeks ago. Julie G. is also an ovarian cancer patient and she is so brave and kick ass about all of this. We were excited to meet each other in chemo because it is really rare to meet an ovarian cancer under the age of 65. Unfortunately, I think it is because many younger folks like us, are not diagnosed until the disease is just too far along! Those of us who are young and surviving need to make it our mission for everyone we know to be aware of Ovarian Cancer and its amorphous symptoms.

Here is how Julie decided to let everyone know about her diagnosis:

She went and had her son ( a tattoo artist) give her this cool Ovarian cancer ribbon tattoo.

 
Then she shaved her head and showed up to treatment BALD and PROUD!
 
I must say it was nice to have company.
 
JULIE you ROCK and you will inspire so many people to keep on keepin on!
 
To learn more about the symptoms of Ovarian Cancer you can go to:
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!