Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Survivor's Blog- November 7, 2012 Ask for Help if you need it...

Yesterday, I arrived at the polling station in Richland County and was unable to park my car in a handicapped spot . When I finally did make it up to the church, I found out that the wait in line to vote was at least 3 hours long. Physically, there is no way I could wait outside in the cold for 3 hours or stand for that time period. I was really unsure what to do? I still wanted to cast my vote. So I asked on of the church members if they could help me? I found out that if you had a handicapped permit in your car, you could vote from your car . So I trudged back to my car and waited in the handicapped line. It was wonderful to have the option, I would not have been able to vote otherwise.

If you are an Ovarian Cancer patient, your doctor can provide you with handicapped documentation you can take to the DMV to get either a temporary or permanent pass. I try never to use that handicapped designation unless I really need to. Some days I feel OK and I am fine to be normal. Some weeks ( like this one) I am not feeling too good. Had it not been for the election I would have been home in bed.


My view of all the poor voters waiting in line!

The Church on Kinerly Road- YIKES!!!!
Once in a while you just have to ask for help and depend on the kindness of others. This has always been really hard for me- I am fiercely independent!! It really is OK to ask for a little help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!